Monday, October 6, 2014

New PC Build

I just finished a new PC build that is my favorite build yet. See below for a part list.





Parts

Case NZXT H440

This case is a quiet mid size case, it comes with 3 fans in the front and one in the back. It has some integrated lights. The panels are all foam lined for extra noise reduction. There were two issues with this case that I had to resolve, it doesn't have a  5.25" bay for DVD drive, and it has a fan splitter but no fan controller. My solutions to these problems can be found below.

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7

This board is excellent for gaming and high performance systems. Something I thought was cool is it has light strips on the board that glow red. This has Intel's 1150 socket so you need a compatible processor.

Video Card EVGA GTX 970

I started out with an EVGA GTX 760 (as seen in the picture) but then they announced the 970 which has killer performance at a relatively low cost, so I made the switch. The 970 has no problem pushing high frame rates on all the games I play. So far its been a great card.

Processor Intel i7 4790k

Just like the 970 the i7 4790k offers huge performance with a relatively low price. This card has a base clock of 4.0ghz with a turbo boost speed of 4.4ghz, it also supports DDR3-1600 speed memory. What was inciting to me about the card is it has 4 cores but also has hyper threading so you have 8 virtual processors you can use for virtualization. So far this processor has performed very well and has sped through everything I have thrown at it.

More coming soon.

No comments: